European Client, based in Takoradi is looking for an outstanding SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Our client is empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that actively cares and does reinvest its surplus in further training, network growth, and local community support on the ground.
The client is a sort of global talent providing for free all sorts of ICT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. They do actively provide employment pathways into the ‘digital industry’, accompanying young talents from recruitment to employment.
Working for this Client, would provide you with an excellent opportunity for career growth and development in a very healthy and definitely very diverse workplace. They will ensure you feel part of our family to get you engaged in this role.
You will have the opportunity of building an international IT career and working with global IT companies
What else do you want?
Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply!!
Ideally, you are Male/ Female between 35 and 45 years old (it’s ok to be older)
Reports to the Director of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
YOU will mainly be in charge of managing the Software Development Center located in Takoradi, as well as
leading teams in all other service centers that would be established across Ghana in the near future.
• Ensure the eventual and successful execution of client- contracts
• Develop strategic plans for successful management of the Software Development Center.
• Ensure the Software Development Center is fixed and updated with the needed IT infrastructure for efficient and effective service production.
• Manage the Software Development Center team leaders by coaching, communicating job expectations, and appraising performance.
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
• Track and maintain the Software Development Center’s hardware and software inventory.
• Continuously research, analyze and evaluate current processes and emerging technologies, hardware and software, and advise management accordingly to identify areas of improvement in the Software Development Center.
This position requires a minimum of:
• a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years of post-qualification full-time experience; or
• a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with an MBA and 5 years of post-qualification full-time experience;
• a master’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of post-qualification full-time experience.
Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
• M/F between 35-50 years old
• Experience of working with all stages of SDLC is advantageous.
• Deep understanding of software architecture in either JAVA or C/C++ is a MUST.
• Experience with Product Development and Product Management is a definite plus.
• Familiarity with AGILE, SCRUM and WATERFALL, etc.
• Expertise in data center management and data governance.
• Excellent team management skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Must exhibit professionalism.
• Ability to manage personnel.
• Experience of working in a similar capacity within a multinational organization
• Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity are your core values
max 10.000 gross base salary + 20% KPI bonus + another 20% Company Performance Bonus
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify – A deep understanding of software architecture in either JAVA or C/C++ is a MUST.
- Tell us explicitly -maybe in a separate sheet, what your relevant experience has been
- Make sure that you reread this Job Description and your CV is highly ‘customized‘. Statistically, nobody gets 14.000 GHS a month with a generic CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Manager Software Development’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long . Do NOT send a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
|Test(s) will make part of this process
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.