For a Takoradi based project, our client -an international Construction firm- is looking for a
MECHANICAL ENGINEER SUPERVISOR M/F – Takoradi
you MUST HAVe 5+ years experience in that profession
Mechanical Supervisor Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced mechanical supervisor to oversee the mechanical works at our construction projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for training and mentoring staff, creating work schedules, providing technical assistance and troubleshooting system issues.
You may also be required to assist in maintaining and repairing the equipment or installations used on-site.
To ensure success as a mechanical supervisor, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and have sound knowledge of the design and execution of all mechanical systems.
The mechanical supervisor will ensure that all the mechanical works are done on-site are completed on time and to code.
The probation period to be performed at GNPC Takoradi Project and the period of probation will be decided in the interview process.
Mechanical Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing work schedules for the mechanical works: plumbing, firefighting & HVAC.
- Inspecting and assessing the work done by the mechanical staff or subcontractors.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of mechanical systems: plumbing, firefighting & HVAC.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions, testing & commissioning for all the systems.
- Overseeing the delivery, installation, and maintenance of the mechanical equipment on-site.
- Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Consulting with builders, architects, and other workers on-site.
- Providing motivation and assistance when necessary.
Mechanical Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of mechanical engineering works experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, Construction, or related field
- Proven experience in large scale buildings(residential or commercial) and/or hospitals
- Proven work experience as a mechanical supervisor.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical systems design and execution: plumbing, firefighting & HVAC.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with building and safety codes, especially British Standards.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- A good eye for detail.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
Salary is to be negotiated/defined based on your experience
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have 5+ yrs hands-on experience in the Oil&Gas or construction industry
- Give us a brief indication of the projects that you have been involved with – your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘MechEng Supervisor – Takoradi’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.