Constantly growing International Construction firm is looking for a
Quantity Surveyor or Construction Economist M/F
for its Accra Head Office
MUST have experience with several projects over $ 15 million budget-controls
Job Specification and/or Experience
- Degree in Building Technology and/or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role(Construction, Oil and Gas industry or related Field)
- We will also welcome an unusual unusual high calibre Economist with similar experience in construction project finance candidates
- Ability to work well with a team and/or minimal supervision
- Construction estimating or finance is an advantage
- High level of organization and planning abilities, and multi-tasking
- Must be able to read and use Construction Drawings effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, ready for intensive work and implementing new procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Partial List)
- Preparation of preliminary cost estimates and budgets
- Conducting feasibility studies for preliminary cost estimates and budgets
- Preparing, negotiating, and analyzing costs for tenders and contracts
- Attending site meetings and addressing queries from sites
- Inspection of works and reporting on them
- Developing and keeping a database of materials prices
- Ensure QA/QC team members monitor, control and co-ordinate of all tests (destructive/non-destructive) at site, analyze and certify results.
- Ensure supervision, inspection and certification of quality and quantity of work performed by CONTRACTOR at Site in accordance with standards agreed.
- Ensure all material handling equipment are subjected to required load test, initially and then periodically, to ensure safe/stable operation; ensure your team witness and maintain record of all such tests.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be assigned
- Responsible for budget control of projects over $ 15 million
5- maximum 7000 net GHS – but for unusual unusual high calibre candidates can go a bit higher.
Let me rephrase it: Don’t worry about salary but about your value to the business
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have 5+ yrs hands-on experience in the Oil&Gas or construction industry with several US$15+ million projects
- Give us a brief indication of the projects and budgets that you have been involved with – your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Construction Project Finance’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
- A FAIR WARNING: if you don’t customize your CV don’t expect that it will go through with flying colors and the client will invite you for an interview
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.