Large Automobile firm is looking for a
Senior Logistics Planner.
Any gender / age/ etc as long as you are extremely competent. Must have driving license please.
Random references are part of this recruitment process.
|PURPOSE OF POSITION:
|§ To co-ordinate and control, the Import flow of SKD,FBU and Parts for aftersales shipments from various client’s locations in Ghana and Africa according to Import, Export and in-land logistics requirements. Maintain and develop a relationship with, Customs Authorities, Service Providers, Retailers and internal customers in order to ensure a high quality and efficient logistics of the Ghana operations.§ To supervise the development, implementation, monitoring and control of all Imports shipments to Ghana.
§ Communicate and liaise with the client’s Transport & Logistics and NSO shipments, concerning stock orders, packaging and optimised shipping volumes. Define and revise SKD and Local packaging specifications per GADP requirements, on an on-going basis, in order to achieve Logistics and Corporate objectives, in terms of Quality, Cost and Schedule.
|QUALIFICATION/ EDUCATIONAL :
|§ BSC degree in Supply Chain Management, B Com or National Diploma in logistics or equivalent§ Clearing and forwarding Qualification (Advantageous)
§ 5 years’ experience in Logistics or Planning environment
§ Working knowledge of Logistics systems
§ Working knowledge of modern Automotive Production systems
§ Knowledge of the manufacturing and logistics process in the Automotive Industry
§ Extensive inter-action with all levels of Management
§ Knowledge of customs regime process and local content legislations experience
§ Budget and cost control monitoring
§ The ability to interact with, advise Management relative to customs clearance packaging, and inland logistics supply.
§ International logistics exposure of shipping instruction principles and technique
|§ Leadership Skills§ Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills in dealing with all levels of Management.
§ Lateral and analytical thinking ability.
§ Creativity for problem solving.
§ Negotiating skills at Customs and Port authorities’ level.
§ Display all round ability in process and maintaining computer related systems.
§ Ability to plan and co-ordinate several task simultaneously
|§ Co-ordinate Shipments ,Transport and Documentation arrangements of import and export consignments to meet delivery and clearance deadlines§ Liaise with External Service Providers to ensure smooth flow of shipments of FBU units: Containerised and RORO / SKD components
§ Liaise with Shipping Companies and Forwarders to facilitate effective and timeous customs clearance of SKD components, FBU, equipment and parts
§ Follow up with clearing and forwarding agents to ensure shipments are cleared timeously
§ Manage and control movement of Import Files for agents in order to meet deadlines
§ Check Shipment Schedule Files and update on Tracking report
§ Ensure that Consignments are Imported in terms of Agreed Contracts to meet Obligations
§ Ensure that Export Documents are in accordance with Local regulations to avoid invalid Claims
§ Manage all aspects pertaining to export of Household effects for Foreign Service Employees by liaising with the relevant HR department to obtain instructions. Obtain quotations from Packing Agents
§ Ensure sound application of VDA 6.1 and ISO 14001 principals.
§ Prepare and issue accurate Management reports to support management in strategic decisions
§ Effective follow-up systems to receive additional documentation promptly
§ Accurate reporting systems to support and enhance management decisions
§ Manage and report KPI’s of Service Providers
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have hands-on logistics planning experience- ideally in a heavy industry manufacturing environment – eg autootive, engines, turbines, trains, trucks, planes, etc
- Either male your CV extremely relevant – so your experience is really reflected and matched above requirements or add 1-page explaining in detail your relevant experience- WITHOUT IT, NO CV WILL BE CONSIDERED
- add any other ‘numbers’ / info that will help us understand who you are and why you should get hired -BE CLEAR
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Snr Logistics Planner- Automotive’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long or a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
- For such senior role: Make sure that your CV has list of accomplishments not list of duties
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.