For Medical Test Center in Nsawam, we are looking for a:
Sonographer/Laboratory Scientist-A either M/F
- Tests and analyses a variety of samples, specimens, products, or materials for chemical composition or presence of specific substances; follows standardized analytical procedures.
- Employs analytical instrument techniques such as Haematology analyser, Biochemistry analyser, Hormone analyser, etc. to characterize materials and identify samples and specimens;
- great knowledge of ultrasound Abdominal,Abdominal Pelvic, ECG, Obstetrics etc.
- Develops new instrument methods and carries out qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Conducts chemical, biological, and physical tests on materials to determine that standards are met.
- Devises and adapts technical procedures and modifies equipment, as needed.
- Keeps informed of new analytical or manufacturing methods.
- Participates in developing new methods for carrying out biochemical, biological, and chemical analyses.
- Carries out examinations of portions of human tissues or body fluids for poisons, drugs and alcohol, antibody titters, and infectious agents.
- Tests for the presence and type of blood in stains or other specimens.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of general, qualitative, quantitative, organic, physical, and physiological chemistry.
- Knowledge and principles of Ultrasound, Abdominal Pelvic, Obstetrics etc.
- Knowledge of the principles of biochemistry.
- Knowledge of the principles of microbiology.
- Knowledge and Principles of Haematology.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of physics and mathematics.
- Knowledge of laboratory tests and control techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques used in the treatment of scientific data.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of analytical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of departmental rules, regulations, and policies related to the work.
- Knowledge of the analysis of blood and other biologic products.
- Knowledge of the physical, chemical, and biological testing of materials.
- Knowledge of biochemical, chemical, and physical laboratory tests used in crime detection.
- Knowledge of appropriate health, safety, and environmental regulations to provide for Safe laboratory practices.
- Ability to maintain records and conduct correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain favourable public relations.
- Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to organize and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to set priorities and assign work to other professionals.
- Some jobs require an employee to work in a laboratory environment with some exposure to noxious fumes and unpleasant noises.
- Some jobs require an employee to work in an environment that involves some risk of sustaining illness and injury from the use of chemicals, high pressure laboratory systems, biological materials and organisms, and high energy light sources and voltage.
- Physical Requirements : Some jobs require an employee to stand for long periods of time. Perform SOP’s on a daily basses.
Possession of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, forensic science, or a related pure or applied science.
We welcome Male or Female with at least 4 years experience in Medical Lab settings. Preferred Choice of Candidates residential Location: Eastern Region, Ghana Lab Location: Nsawam, Eastern Region
target starting salary (possibly negotiable is 1500 GHS gross
(only if you qualify please) As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Put a paragraph or two on top of your CV clearly explaining your specific hands-on experience with Sonography and medical lab testing -and years of experience.
- Strongly suggest that your CV lists accomplishments relavant to this Job Description and not just a list of duties
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Sonographer/MedLab Scientist- Nsawam’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4+ pages long – no CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 4 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that. PS2: #We_love_referrals