For a young international construction firm, we are looking for a:
2x Document Controller M/F – one for Accra + one for Agona Nkwentia
Experience: 2-3 Years of Experience in the Construction Industry.
Agona Nkwanta is just 21 Km from Takoradi. The Hospital Construction project there is expected to last 2-3 years and after that, you will be assigned to another project of course.
The other project is West of Accra
- Minimum SHS diploma and some experience using software applications like Microsoft Office, construction management applications, and document management systems.
- Prefer candidates with University Degree (Associate’s or HND) in Civil Engineering or Building Technology or Construction Management or any similar Engineering(e.g. Mechanical, etc) degree as long as you have identical work experience and are familiar with AutoCAD- if you have similar experience a Bachelors in business will also do
- In addition to having these skills and credentials, construction document controllers usually have work experience handling clerical tasks for a construction company.
- At least (1) year relevant working experience in related role -prefer 2-3 years experience as Doc Controller in the Construction Industry
- Ability to maintain professional relationships and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internet and other procurement software and tools.
- Excellent communication Skills
- To work with all Departments and control the retrieval of documents
Software Knowledge Requirements -must be clearly stated in your CV:
You are familiar / hands-on with one or more of these tools:
AutoCAD , MS Projects,
and ideally, solid Works, QS-Contract Administration, Budgets, AutoCAD is a strongplus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for a Document Controller to prepare, manage and file documents for our projects.
- Document Controller responsibilities include typing contracts, archiving files and ensuring all team members have access to necessary documentation. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience reviewing technical documents along with the ability to spot errors.
Ultimately, you’ll support our procedures maintaining transparent, up-to-date and easily traceable documents.
- The Document Control specialist stores, manages and tracks all company documents.
- You scan, image, organize and maintain documents, adhering to the company’s document lifecycle procedures, and they archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Check for accuracy and edit files, like contracts
- Review and update technical documents (e.g. manuals and workflows)
- Distribute project-related copies to internal teams
- File documents in physical and digital records
- Create templates for future use
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organization
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of the agreement
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects as needed
- Follow up on Submissions, RFI and Respecet QAQC Company Policy. You receive and process Requests for Information, or RFIs, from employees or clients and maintain the requests via tracking logs.
- Inform and dispatch all new documents in the E-Doc to everyone
- Manage the document storage on e-doc and on the server
- Establishment of transfer notes for the chart of all new documents for approval.
- Any other duties assigned
2000-4000 GHS net depending on skillset and experience
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have ideally a University Degree as mentioned above (not a must)m experience with MS Project and AutoCAD and 1-3+ yrs experience as Document Controller.
- Make sure that the above is reflected throughout your CV: your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role – convince us that you are a really hands-on person
- DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE/ COMMENT ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF Document Controller software, AutoCAD , MS Projects, solid Works, QS-Contract Administration, Budgets, AutoCAD is a plus IN YOUR CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Construction Document Controller – Accra OR Agona Nkwenta OR Both Locations’ (choose which locations you want to apply for) in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.