For a young international construction firm, we are looking for a:
2 Site Supervisors M/F
Location1 is Agona Nkwanta (21 Km from Takoradi) and Location 2 is Accra.
The Hospital Construction project is expected to last 2 years and after that you will be assigned to another project of course.
Education Requirements and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Business Administration, or related field
Experience: 10-12 Years of Experience in the Construction Industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for a full-time, detail-oriented Site Supervisor to oversee all our construction projects.
- You will be monitoring on-site day-to-day activities and reporting the progress status to the Construction Project Manager. Besides, you will be keeping a watchful eye on the Contractors as well as Construction Workers.
- You will be conducting regular inspections and implementing site safety practices to avoid any hazards and accidents. If required, you will be responsible for performing first aid. Apart from supervising, you should track inventory supplies and order building materials as and when needed.
- You will be coordinating with the Security Officers in enforcing site safety rules and regulations. Besides, you should be familiar with using emergency equipment like fire extinguishers and set protocols for handling any uncertainties.
- Overseeing the progress of all construction activities
- Ensuring all on-site workers adhere to the health and safety regulations
- Implementing industry best practices and safety protocols
- Hiring and evaluating the performance of the on-site workers
- Regularly checking inventory and placing orders for building materials
- Ensuring all equipments are in working order and good condition
- Performing first aid during emergencies
- Interpreting building plans and construction blueprints
- Conducting site inspections to ensure it is free from any safety hazards
- Ensuring the workers follow site safety procedures
- Handling any on-site accidents with uttermost care and awareness
- Maintaining an accurate attendance report of all construction site workers
- Reviewing daily construction work and suggesting any improvement measures
- Ensuring all emergency equipment are in place and in working order
- Ensuring project completion as per the set timeline
- Communicating the progress report to the Construction Project Manager
- Attending any on-site meetings
max 6000 net, possibly slighty negotiable for unusual candidates
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have a Bachelors degree in above mentioned engineering fields and required experience
- Make sure that above is reflected throughout your CV: your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role – convince us that you are a really hands-on person
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Construction Site Supervisor – ACCRA or Agona Nkwenta or Both Locations’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.