For our client – a sustainable edible-insects production firm, we are looking for a
Business Development Manager M/F in KUMASI
It’s a company dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. With a farm in Kumasi, Ghana, they seek to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity.
They farm the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally harvested. The company now seeks to rapidly scale its production, co-develop packaged products, take advantage of export opportunities to other West African countries, and advance research on the palm weevil larvae while building a conscious company.
We are looking for a self-driven, goal-oriented, practical problem solver, and hardworking Operations manager to lead the operations of the production (livestock) department of our exciting new venture with a strong social and environmental impact.
As a dynamic and growing company currently at a rapid growth stage, our ideal candidate should be comfortable working in an agile environment but assertive enough to command and see to the timely achievement of the department’s targets, doing so with a resilient and strategic plan and spirit.
The company is looking for a passionate individual to lead the organization’s sales function, drive sales growth, direct sales strategy, manage the sales team and be a business leader in the organization.
● Responsible to design, execute, monitor and adapt sales strategy
● Assess and implement methodology to increase B2C & B2B sales
● Identifying new sales channels and developing distribution strategies for local and international markets + identifying gaps or areas of improvement in current sales channels.
● Work with business analyst to extract meaningful sales data for strategic purposes
● Establishes volume and revenue goals to maximize profitability for the Company.
● Managing products pricing.
● Monitors reports on sales performance vs. budget.
● Effectively manage and coach designated sales team
Engage in Active Selling
● Pitch products to businesses and potential customers.
● Strategically identifying potential B2C and B2B clients to grow small to large business accounts through initiating and closing the sales on products
● Maintaining a professional network of potential clients/customers and business opportunities.
● Generate sales by prospecting leads, cold calling and negotiating advantageous deals.
Planning of Marketing Events & Marketing Activities
● Preparing and communicating product promotions and special sales to customers.
● Strategize and execute well thought out targeted marketing plans and promotional activities to increase product exposure, customer traffic and sales.
● Collaborate with retailers to strengthen product exposure with optimal locations, shelf positions and signage.
● Prospecting new opportunities by identifying promising advertising campaigns and negotiating deals
Manage Customers + Customer Feedback● Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
● Liaising with field sales, retailers and wholesalers to understand product requirements and limitations
Team & Inventory Management
● Boost team morale and overall sales volume by creating employee incentive programs and bonuses.
● Supporting all sales team members to drive growth and development.
● Supervising, optimizing and adapting current field and farmgate field sales strategies
● Developing monthly sales targets for team players.
● Monitors and measures workload of sales staff to ensure the best process is in place.
● Manage and participate in inventory control for the purposes of theft control, food safety and to optimize profitability
● Additional responsibilities upon request.
● Candidate should be adaptable and flexible with the understanding that the com[any is a quickly growing company and it is a start-up environment.
● Customer Relationships, Customer Retention, Market Research.
● Ability to multi-task (not in a given moment but over days and weeks), prioritize and manage time effectively.
● Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
● Proven customer support experience
● Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment
● Ability to pivot & adapt, mobilize resources quickly
● Driven by results and sales
● Must be willing to move around and travel to hot and congested areas
● High level of integrity
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Supported by: sales team, business analyst, accounting team & product development team
Salary + Benefits
circa 3.000 – to OPEN salary negotiable/ Open salary for unusually high calibre candidates
Health insurance available after the probation period ends.
How to apply:
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Send an email with both your cv and a cover letter or separate document that would highlight your business development and sales leadership experience
- You are a commercial person- so for every job that you had, mention the revenues that you have personally achieved please
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect your ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘BusDev Manager -Edible Insects’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally please use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4+ pages long and DO NOT SEND a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 2 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
- A FAIR WARNING/ FRIENDLY WORD OF ADVICE: if you don’t customize your CV don’t expect that it will go through with flying colors and the client will invite you for an interview, ASSUME THAT YOU WILL NEED TO SPEND 3-6 hrs for that.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.