Our client is a School in Ouagadougou- the capital of Burkina Faso and they are looking for a:
Position: SCHOOL TEACHERS M/F: Pre School and Primary school (Mathematics, Sciences, English, Social Sciences, Computer classes, Physical Education and Art)
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso (they want a school admin too – see bottom of the page for link)
Gender: Male or Female for all positions except for pre-k teachers. They must be female
Age: 23 – 30
Any African nationality is welcome for all positions as long as they are extremely fluent/ proficient in English and easily understood by children
You must be a passionate individual to have a significant & highly impactful contribution to the development of the school and the children.
The school uses blended learning. All employees (teachers and staff) must be tech savvy and own their own device (laptop or tablet)
–> A single mother who otherwise qualifies could be considered. But if she chooses to bring her child it will be at her own cost.
TEACHERS: Pre School and Primary school (Mathematics, Sciences, English, Social Sciences, Computer classes, Physical Education and Art)
Teachers are needed for Pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, grades 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The medium of instruction is English. The pedagogical approach is blended learning, which combines online courses with face-to-face sessions.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or Teachers Training certification
- Have teacher training with at least two years of teaching experience
- Be fluent in English
- Have a good mastery of IT tools and Microsoft office
- Have excellent communication, organizational and relational skills.
- Be able to work independently and under pressure
- Be ready to learn and apply modern educational techniques
- Be open-minded and have critical thinking.
Gender: Female preferred for Preschool
Age: 21 – 25 and single
*MUST Have your own laptop
Number of vacancies of Preschool and Primary school teachers: 04 positions
Type of Contract:
Fixed-term contract for an initial period of three years, renewable once. An open-ended contract after 3 years. The terms and conditions of the contract will be discussed during the interview.
- The salary varies according to the qualifications and experience of the applicant. The salary range 150 000F – 200 000F /month depending on qualifications and experience
- Salaries in Burkina are subject to local taxes paid by the employee.
- Yes we provide accommodation. The cost of rent is paid above the salary directly to the landlord
Candidates hired outside of Burkina Faso will receive the following benefits:
- Transportation cost to Ouagadougou
- Shared Furnished Housing
Start Date: As soon as possible
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
Need both your CV + COPY OF UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have a University Degree as mentioned above and 2+ yrs hands-on admin experience – ideally as a school administrator
- Make sure that the above is reflected throughout your CV: your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role – convince us that you are a really hands-on person
- Please ensure your CV includes
- A description of the business activities of each former employer.
- Where applicable, a description/samples of the tasks performed at a former employer(s) that are relevant to the Core Competencies.
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘ School Teacher- Burkina Faso’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- ADD 2 LINES on your email and on your CV, TELLING US WHAT SUBJECTS YOU CAN TEACH AND AT WHAT LEVEL
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
Indicate which number is your whatsapp number please.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.