For an international firm for one of their projects in Takoradi we are looking for:
Position Title: SITE SUPERVISOR with experience in High /Tall Building construction
Reporting To: PROJECT MANAGER
- Assessed equivalent qualification plus minimum of 7 years progressive relevant experience. Or: Basic academic qualification plus 10 years progressive relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of reinforced concrete structures and professional experience in buildings.
- Ideally a HND or Bachelors or MSc in Building Construction or Civil Engineer or anything similar + some Project Management certification but not a must – this is the most important : Strong hands-on knowledge of reinforced concrete structures and professional experience in buildings.
Overall responsibility for construction activities on the site to ensure that the works are executed on program, within budget and to the specified quality standard. Your duties will entail effective planning, organization, and supervision of works tasks on site to ensure the efficient allocation and use of material, labor, and equipment.
A project program will be issued to you by the Project Manager and you will be required to use this as the basis for the more detailed planning of your works as follows:
- Assess short term (one week look ahead) material requirements for the works and place requisitions for the relevant materials for both permanent and temporary works.
- Assess short term (one week look ahead) labor requirements (both skilled and subcontract) for the works and advise Project Manager of requirements.
- Assess short term (one week look ahead) plant and equipment requirements for the works and place requisitions for the relevant plant and equipment.
- Develop daily work plans with foreman, headmen, operators, and subcontractors to achieve the project program and monitor to ensure agreed targets are achieved.
- Review drawings and select methods of construction and direct your site team with respect to these chosen methods.
- Assign tasks and allocate resources (plant, labor, materials) to ensure efficient use.
Although the administrative management of site stores falls under the responsibility of the Project Manager, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the preparation of all material requisitions from the site which MUST be signed by the senior supervisor.
- Provide direction in the efficient loading and offloading of materials.
- Ensure that the stores are kept in an orderly manner and that materials are ALWAYS stacked neatly.
- Undertake random checks during offloading and loading to ensure that opportunities for theft are minimized.
- Be aware of stores procedures and store keeper’s responsibilities.
Although the administrative management of labor falls under the responsibility of Logistics/Procurement department, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- For direct and casual labor, oversee daily roll calls to check who is present and who is absent.
- For direct labor and casual labor sign timecards daily (or at worst every 2 days)
- Advise Human Resources (though Timekeeper) of any recruitment, terminations, and transfers.
- In conjunction with Project Manager assess the needs for plant and equipment on the site and place the necessary requisitions.
- Assign tasks to plant and equipment to ensure that they are used cost effectively.
- Ensure through Quantity Surveyor that the necessary records of plant usage are maintained up to date.
- In the case of hired equipment, plant usage should be monitored on an hourly basis and signed off daily.
- Plant and equipment should be cleaned daily.
- Oversee the daily allocation of fuel and lubricants to meet the usage requirements for the day.
GENERAL SUPERVISION AND QUALITY CONTROL
- As site supervisor, you are personally responsible for ensuring the quality of the works.
- Check and monitor construction activities to ensure that the works are being constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications and to the correct quality.
- Take the necessary action with subcontractors and direct labor to achieve 1 above.
- Verify subcontract payment certificates that have been prepared by the Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Notify Design team of any discrepancies in the drawings and share proposals in respect of resolving these discrepancies. with Design Manager.
- Comply with company quality control procedures and request for inspection forms
- Notify the project Quantity Surveyor of any verbal instructions issued by the client during site discussions.
- Make sure the site is kept clean at all times.
- Responsible for safety on the site and that all workers are complying with company safety procedures.
- Max 4500 net depending on experience
- no relocation package to Takoradi for applicants living elsewhere in Ghana
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify
- for every job add a single line about the size of the project and how many people you supervised
- also the height (total floors) of every high/ tall building you supervised
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘High Bldg Site Supervisor’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long or a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.