For a retail space expansion projects – probably one of the biggest in Accra, expecting to last 4-5 years,
We are looking for:
Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Engineer Urgently Needed
Known Retailer is looking to expand their premises with new construction of additional working space and they are in search of a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Engineer for immediate employment.
You will be accountable for the complete estimating life-cycle: Request for Quotation (RFQ) to Quote, to Quality of materials used to everything related to construction cost, risk and value.
This role coordinates, directs and leads estimating efforts to ensure optimum costing and coordination of projects and programs to ensure our client’s requirements and meets customer expectations are fully met.
Starting date: Immediate Start
Salary: Ghc 10.000 GHS max gross (if you are chartered, it might go a bit higher)
Position Summary / Key Responsibilities
- Define Cost Estimate Scope:Define the project scope, time period, phases to be estimated, communication channels, and establish any boundaries for estimates or project requirements.
- Estimates are typically completed in 24‐48 hours.
- Define Assumptions or Constraints:Identify any schedule or budget constraints, and how those will be resolved. ·
- Develop Clear Cost Element Structure: Identify everything defined in the scope to be costed. ·
- Collect and Monitor Data:Collect and monitor data, manage risks, identify (if necessary) contingency plan, control changes and communication. Measure and report on progress. ·
- Develop Cost Estimating Relationships:Use cost data to develop formulas/equations entered into the cost model. ·
- DocumentationApproach: Provide documentation for each cost element, indicating sources of data, assumptions used and any other methodology or analysis.
You also prepare, analyze and check costing for tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect if and when applicable ·
- CostReview: Ensure that all expected costs have been properly presented to our Client for Review/Approval/Acceptance of the estimate.
- Constant Evaluation: Continuously Perform risk, value management, and cost control. Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Develop/ Advice Procurement Strategy, including advice on contractual claims
- Repair Costs: Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Quality of Material: You are responsible for both the quality control and cost of materials purchased
- Quality of Services: You are also responsible for managing the co-relations between cost and quality of services delivered by all (sub)contractors
- Finalize Cost Estimate: Finalize the cost estimate. Maintain all files, data related to this project.
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Educational Qualification Required & Experience
- BSc Quantity Survey/Building Technology/Building Economics
- 5-10years of progressive experience in Quantity Surveying role in Cost Engineering, Cost Estimating, planning, scheduling, estimating and other areas of project controls in a construction
- Experience with Construction Cost Engineering in Retail Projects / Showrooms and Warehouses is a plus.
You also have:
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office programs
- Functional knowledge of accounting, financial accounting
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co‐workers, outside agencies, business partners, and consultants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accountability, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to follow through processes.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Positive leadership style and ability to create a high morale environment
- Autonomous, self‐starter
- Ability to facilitate and support growth of team members ·
- Valid Driver’s License
The successful candidate must be a team player, but must also be willing to work independently. He/she must be willing to go the extra mile in meeting business demands.
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
(if not, check this vacancy: https://hireseminars.com/qs )
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – ideally you have retail construction experience
- Make sure that above is reflected throughout your CV + ADD 4-7 bullets at the begin of your CV (call it Retail Cost Engineering Experience Summary) and tell us about your commercial and ideally retail expansion projects (eg, how many buildings and floors, square meters, budgets, etc), and extremely briefly comment on things like risk, cost control and value measurements, etc.. or whatever ‘numbers’ will help us understand who you are and why you should get hired
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Cost Engineer-Senior- Retail – Accra’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long or a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.