Our Client, a financially solid Construction Company with HD in Accra and with projects all over Ghana, is looking for an experienced
Construction Procurement Specialist M/F or
a Quantity Surveyor with Procurement experience
This is a senior role based in Accra and might require frequent travel to Takoradi and other construction sites – ideally, you have a clean driving license
.You are reporting to the Operations Manager.
prefer someone from the Construction /Building or Mining / Engineering Industries
Job Specification & Experience
- Good knowledge of procurement methods and procedures of a large-scale/centralized purchasing function including buying, quality assurance, contract administration, and contract law.
- Good knowledge of procurement law, ordinances, rules, regulations, and other requirements governing procurement activities in Ghana.
- Good knowledge of external vendors’ procurement procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Negotiation and contract administration skills.
- Knowledge of accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures.
Required Skills Set
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often pressured environment.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel internet, and other procurement software and tools.
- Decision-making is based on a thorough analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You are fully Responsible for all procurement/Logistics activities of the company. Import clearing, central stores, and purchase of materials and services in accordance with the company’s purchase policies.
You should be:
- Ensuring that materials /services are always available at the right time, at the right price, in the right place, and in tight quantities.
- Supervises distribution of materials to various Project Sites, and Purchases, Supplies, and Stocks, in General. Supervises and controls all material stock, (both physically and electronically – Tally), at Head Office and Sites
- Provides materials/services for the execution of the Projects, taking into consideration delays in supply, production times, and objectives/priorities. The L&P manager shall work hand in hand with the Site PM and, with his deep knowledge of the Local and Global market constraints advise on “production times, delivery time or clearing” to avoid delays.
- Participates in negotiations with Suppliers and Transporters.
- Negotiates Purchasing Terms and Policies and coordinates applications.
- Maintain an up-to-date suppliers and vendor list that are approved by the Operations Manager.
- Plans and carries out stock purchase programs, deciding on the eventual allocation of orders between various suppliers.
- Continuously studies competition between active and potential suppliers with regard to price, punctuality, and quality.
- Liaise with Clearing Agents and foreign suppliers for the international shipment and clearance of goods.
- Ensure effective and efficient control of Stores’ documentation, maintenance, and storage of all materials.
- Stock Taking Report – will be done hand in hand with the Accounts Department, as per schedules set out by the Finance Manager, and in line with the implementation of the Company’s Procurement and Accounting software – Tally.
- Frequent stock checks ensure that all the balances are accurate and that maximum, minimum, and re-order levels are adhered to.
- Liaise with the site storekeepers to replenish stock at the right time, taking lead time into consideration.
- Any other Operational requirement needed for the company’s smooth activities.
Minimum Education Requirements
- A minimum university Degree in Business Management: Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, or QS/Civil Engineering or any other related field.
- And, at least 7+ years of relevant working experience in a related role with a technical & construction background will be an added advantage. .
- A Master’s Degree from a recognized University in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management/Procurement & Logistics or QS or Civil Engineering.
- And at least 5+ years of relevant working experience in a related role with a technical & construction background will be an added advantage.
max 10.000 GHS net but slightly negotiable for high quality/ high calibre exceptional candidates
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have hands-on experience in the construction industry procurement and logistics arena – whether you are a QS or Procurement Professional
- Tell us explicitly -maybe in a separate sheet or in your CV per each job mentioned, what your relevant experience has been with budgets and amounts you were responsible for
- Also per job-entry in your CV, indicate how many people you managed if applicable
- Make sure that you reread this Job Description and your CV is highly ‘customized‘. Statistically, nobody gets 7-10.000+ GHS a month with a generic CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Construction QS or Procurement’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Give us a WhatsApp number where we can reach you please
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long. Do NOT send a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.