Experienced Quantity Surveyor Urgently Needed – immediate employment
for leading Construction Company based in Accra and operating in other regions of Ghana.
Starting date: Immediate Start
Salary: Ghc 3000-3500 net + possibility for KPI based 13th salary bonus
Qualification Required & Experience
- BSc Quantity Survey/Building Technology/Building Economics with 4+ years of progressive experience in Quantity Surveying role within road construction and real estate
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Quantity Survey/Building Technology 5+ years of progressive experience in Quantity Surveying role within road construction and real estate.
- High level of attention to detail, organized, and accurate.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to follow through processes.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, excellent analytic skills, and a desire to learn within a high-performance organization. The successful candidate must be a team player, but must also be willing to work independently. He/she must be willing to go the extra mile in meeting business demands.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and analyse costing for tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Perform risk, value management, and cost control
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments by working on IPC’s and VO’s if any
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have both road and building construction experience
- Make sure that above is reflected throughout your CV + ADD 4-7 bullets at the begin of your CV (call it Roads & Real Estate Experience Summary) and tell us about your real estate projects (eg, how many buildings and floors) and how many roads (and their lengths) have you worked on and their budgets, and extremely briefly comment on things like risk, cost control and value measurements, etc.. or whatever ‘numbers’ will help us understand who you are and why you should get hired
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Quantity Surveyor -Buildings &Roads – Accra’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally use Arial font No 10 for your CV and capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long or a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.