For an Accra-based international client, we are looking for a
HEAD OF POLYMER INDUSTRIES M/F
Ideally you are 40-50 years old and come from Polyethylene/Plastic Industry, Manufacturing and production
|Job Purpose: Ensure the orderly implementation of the Company’s policies concerning the production and sale of its manufactured products.|
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the Company.
· Assist Chief Executive and the Chief Operating Officers (COO’s) in developing and implementing short and long term strategies to aid the Company in achieving its goals.
· Addresses managerial issues, prepares schedules and ensures timely completion of work according to set deadlines.
· Represents the Company at all meetings in matters concerning the environmental effect of polythene on society at large.
· Plans the implementation and purchases of polythene resins for production in the factory.
· Plans the importation of all spare parts needed for the repair and maintenance of equipment used in production.
· Makes frequent visits to the factory with the marketing, sales and production managers to ensure that production is carried out in line with the set standards.
· Ensures that preparations of annual budget and its effective implementation is based on the total corporate objectives of the Company.
· Maintains the Corporate image of the Company among its clientele and liaises with the Company lawyer to solve all legal matters that might otherwise dent the reputation of the Company.
· Discipline subordinates in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
· Prepares in collaboration with the immediate subordinates, yearly appraisal reports on all the staff for the purposes of promotion and salary increases.
· The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required and job incumbent may be asked to perform other related duties as needed and/or required from time to time by supervisor.
· Attend all safety meetings as shall be communicated by the Safety office.
· Ensure all hazardous conditions are reported immediately.
· Report any violations of safety practices by other staff or contractors to the relevant authorities.
· Attend and participate in trainings identified and/or organized by your supervisor and/or the HR office.
Key Performance Indicators
· Product quality
· Submission of error free reports
· Efficient working capital management
· Client satisfaction
· Proactive in the performance of functions and dealing with complaints
· Statutory and fiscal compliance
· Level of product patronage
· Time management
|Essential Qualification, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Personal Attributes:
· A minimum of a first degree in Engineering or Business. MBA will be an added advantage.
· At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience in factory management
· A good sense of responsibility and initiative
· Good analytical skills
· Must have professional appearance and manner.
· Ability to plan, organize and schedule programs
· Ability to deliver work on tight deadlines
· Computer literacy, specifically MS Office Suite
· Ability to maintain high degree of motivation for self, and team members
· Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with company information and sensitive situations.
|Scope of Responsibility
· Ensures the efficient administration and running of the Company
|Contacts and Working Relationships ( both internal and external):
· Maintain contacts with COO, CEO and other heads of Companies/Departments
· Occasionally contacts Customers, Suppliers and prospect for new clients and suppliers
|Major Contribution of Job
· Provide efficient and reliable financial and accounting services to the various business units
· Efficient working capital management
|Physical demands and Work Environment:
· Physical demands: Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finder, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
circa 10.000 GHS depending on experience and value you can bring to the company
Post Paid medicals for self, spouse and three biological or legally adopted children not above eighteen (18) years.
(only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have the required experience in either Polyethylene/Plastic Industry, Manufacturing and production
- Strongly suggest that your CV lists accomplishments and not just a list of duties
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘|Head Polymers – Accra’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long – no CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.