Construction Company is looking for an experienced in the Construction Industry Manager/ess for Procurement and Logistics.
This is a senior role based in Accra with frequent travel to Takoradi and other construction sites – ideally, you have a clean driving license
Job Specification and/or Experience
|• University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, or any other related field.
• At least Three (10) years of practical working experience in related role with a technical background.
At least Three (prefer 5) years relevant working experience in related role with technical background.
• Good knowledge of procurement methods and procedures of a large scale/centralized purchasing function including buying, quality assurance, contract administration and contract law.
• Good knowledge of the procurement law, ordinances, rules, regulations, and other requirements governing the procurement activities in Ghana.
• Good knowledge of the procurement procedures, rules, and regulations of external vendors.
• Negotiation and contract administration skills.
• Knowledge of accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures.
• Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
• Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internet and other procurement software and tools.
• Decision making based on a thorough analysis.
|Main Duties and Responsibilities|
|Ø Responsible for all procurement/Logistics activities of the company. Import clearing, central stores, and purchase of materials and services in accordance with the company’s purchase policies.
Ø Ensuring that materials /services are always available at the right time, right price and right place and in tight quantities.
Ø Supervises distribution of materials to various Project Sites, and Purchases, Supplies and Stocks, in General. Supervises and controls all material stock, (both physically and electronically – Tally), at Head Office and Sites
Ø Provides materials / services for the execution of the Projects, taking into consideration delays in supply, production times and objectives / priorities. The L&P manager shall work hand in hand with Site PM and, with his deep knowledge of the Local and Global market constrains advise on “production times, delivery time or clearing” to avoid delays.
Ø Participates in negotiations with Suppliers and Transporters.
Ø Negotiates Purchasing Terms and Policies and coordinates application.
Ø Maintain an up-to-date suppliers and vendor list that are approved by the managing director.
Ø Plans and carries out stock purchase programs, deciding on the eventual allocation of orders between various suppliers.
Ø Continuously studies competition between active and potential suppliers with regards to price, punctuality, and quality.
Ø Liaise with Clearing Agents and foreign suppliers for the international shipment and clearance of goods.
Ø Ensure effective and efficient control of Stores documentation, maintenance, and storage of all materials.
Ø Stock Taking Report – will be done hand in hand with the Accounts Department, as per schedules set out by the Finance Manager, and in line with the implementation of the Company’s Procurement and Accounting software – Tally.
|Ø Frequent stock checks to ensure that all the balances are accurate, and ensuring that maximum, minimum and re-order levels are adhered to.
Ø Liaise with the site storekeepers for replenishment of stock at the right time taking into consideration lead time.
Ø Any other Operational requirement needed for the company’s smooth activities.
5000-7000 net GHS based on experience
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have hands-on experience in the construction industry procurement and logistics arena
- Tell us explicitly -maybe in a separate sheet, what your relevant experience has been with budgets and amounts you were responsible for
- Also per job-entry in your CV, indicate how many people you managed if applicable
- Make sure that you reread this Job Description and your CV is highly ‘customized‘. Statistically, nobody gets 5000+ GHS a month with a generic CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Procurement + Logistics Manager/ess – Construction’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Give us an indication of your current salary package- if you offered the job, you will need to provide proof of that package
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long. Do NOT send a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.