A construction firm busy with one of the biggest projects in Takoradi is looking for a
Planner Engineer m/f – Takoradi
with the possibility to move later on in Accra
Experience: 10-12 Years of Experience in the Construction Industry.
Education Requirements and Skills:
Degree in Engineering or similar.
Experience with 3D modeling software.
Proficiency in MS Office.
Planning and project management skills.
Strong multitasking abilities.
A valid driver’s license.
Strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
A sound understanding of safety protocols.
Ability to focus under pressure and meet deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are searching for a well-organized self-starter with great attention to detail to join our team as the new planning engineer. Day-to-day responsibilities include drawing up work schedules and budgets, delegating tasks, analyzing project specifications and finding cost-effective ways to meet them, liaising with contractors and suppliers, managing resources, and communicating with surveyors, managers, and other engineers. You should be able to analyze data, write reports, and deliver presentations to various stakeholders.
To be successful as a planning engineer, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of the relevant Engineering discipline and be able to anticipate problems. Outstanding planning engineers should have great attention to detail and be able to handle stress well.
Understanding project specifications and developing time schedules and budgets that meet them.
Negotiating with vendors and contractors to secure the best prices.
Observing existing processes, analyzing staff performance, and addressing deficiencies accordingly.
Monitoring and tracking project progress, and writing up reports.
Attending and scheduling meetings as required.
Delegating tasks and ensuring workers receive feedback.
Understanding and meeting all contract requirements.
Communicating with managers, supervisors, and the rest of the team.
Analyzing technical drawings and providing material and cost estimates.
Ensuring all projects are completed on time and within budget.
2000-4000 GHS net depending on skillset and experience
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have experience with MS Project or Primavera and ideally AutoCAD and 10-12+ yrs experience as Document Controller.
- Make sure that above is reflected throughout your CV: your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role – convince us that you are a really hands-on person
- DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE/ COMMENT ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF AutoCAD , MS Project or Primavera
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Planner Engineer- Tadi’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.