International Construction firm is looking for a
very senior MEP Manager/ess
We are seeking a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineer, with at least 15 years of experience in Construction management/site supervision / Quality Control of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Services on Buildings to join our organization, in Ghana. In this position, you will manage and lead the assigned team of engineers, in analyzing the design and quality plans, reviewing engineering such as shop drawings, materials submittals, method statements, calculations notes as well work inspections. You will be based on-site, leading the team assigned to the MEP supervision, following up the site progress with subcontractors, verifying works performed, their records, and elaborate progress reports. You should have previous experience in the supervision of all MEP Services on large and complex building projects, for example, Hospitals, Data Centers, Airports, etc…, on all areas such as electrical distribution, low current, heating, and ventilation, and air conditioning, plumbing and lifts. It will also be valued knowledge of Hospital systems such as Medical Gases networks, Imaging, etc… as well as knowledge of BIM technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review design drawings, specifications, BoQ, and costs estimates
- Assist in the procurement of the MEP works, the preparation of the tender, and also on the evaluation of the technical proposals
- Planning of the works, and in particular of the MEP, engineering and materials/equipment submittals schedules, long lead item.
- Review submittals from Subcontractors (shop drawings, material submittals, etc..)
- Review Project Quality Plan, Inspection, and Test Plans
- Plan and perform site Work Inspection on Buildings works, such as Power Distribution, Lighting, CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm, HVAC, Fire suppression, Lifts, etc…
- Coordinate works with the different subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare, Issue and organize/compile Work inspections reports, NCR, etc…
- Issue Weekly and Monthly Quality Progress Reports
- Will be reporting to the Project Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of experience in construction management and supervision of MEP services, on building projects
- Previous experience working as a major General Contractor or on an electromechanical Contractor, on large and complex MEP building projects
- Proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook tools, and AutoCAD;
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- Experience in BIM / Revit will be valued as well as experience in the construction of Hospitals.
- Previous experience in projects in Africa, and in particular Ghana, will be valued.
You are aware that in the Construction business people work 6-days-a-week almost Worldwide
circa 5.000 US$ net – slightly negotiable
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have 15+ yrs hands-on of experience in the building construction industry and have worked with several US$- multimillion projects
- Give us a brief indication of the projects and budgets that you have been involved with – your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘MEP – Koforidua’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4+ pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 4 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
- A FAIR WARNING AND FRIENDLY ADVICE: if you don’t customize your CV don’t expect that it will go through with flying colors and the client will invite you for an interview. At this level it would take you an average of 2 hrs to customize your CV and without it, don’t expect a US$ 5000+ per month job in West Africa.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.