,For one of our International clients based in ACCRA, we are lookig for a
LAWYER / SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER M/F
based in Kaneshie.
The Client is a building materials company
|POSITION||SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER|
|DEPARTMENT||LEGAL / BOARD SECRETARIAT|
|REPORTS TO||HEAD LEGAL|
|JOB DUTY STATION||HEAD OFFICE, KANESHIE – ACCRA|
|DIRECT REPORTS||LEGAL CLERK|
|JOB PURPOSE: To provide general legal advice on all matters and ensure the Company’s compliance with legal requirements.|
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Advises the CEO and other stakeholders on all legal matters.
· Assist the Head Legal in the secretarial duties pertaining to the Board Secretariat
· Ensures the agenda and other documents for Board meetings are prepared and decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders
· Negotiates, drafts, interprets and vets various agreements such as Tenancy Agreements, Commercial Loans and Bonds.
· Stamps and registers legal documents and keep custody of all such documents and conveyances.
· Monitors legal processes being handled by other solicitors and submit periodic reports on the status of cases.
· Advises the Board and Management on legal issues, governance, labour laws and the company’s policies.
· Ensures that the company complies with all applicable laws within the legal and statutory requirements and is protected in all its dealings
· Participates in the development and preparation of short and long term plans and budgets based on broad organisational goals and objectives.
· The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required and job incumbent may be asked to perform other related duties as needed and/or required from time to time by supervisor.
|Essential Qualification, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Personal Attributes:
· Bachelor of law (LLB) and Qualifying Certificate in Law (QCL).
· At least 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
· A good sense of responsibility and initiative
· Good analytical skills
· A professional with strong business acumen
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively on legal matters
· Ability to plan, organize and schedule programs
· Ability to deliver work on tight deadlines
· Computer literate
· Ability to maintain high degree of motivation for self, and team members
· Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with company information and sensitive situations.
|Contacts and Working Relationships (both internal and external)
Internal: Board Members, Head Legal, CEO, Heads of various departments / companies and direct reports
External: Solicitors and other clients
|Physical demands and Work Environment
· Physical demands: Employee is required to sit and occasionally, stand and walk.
· Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
circa 10.000 gross cedis- negotiable for unusual candidates
Possibly (to be negotiated) Post paid medicals for self, spouse and three biological or legally adopted children not above eighteen years old.
(only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- We need to have an indication of your current base salary and benefits package please
- kindly clarify whether the above amounts are gross or net
- Strongly suggest that your CV lists accomplishments and not just a list of duties
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Snr Legal – Accra’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4+ pages long – no CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 4 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.