The client is an established Engineering and Construction business, but mainly in Oil & Gas and Mining.
They are looking for a JUNIOR LEGAL AFFAIRS OFFICER -ACCRA
with crica 3-5 yrs experience after their LLB.,
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
You ideally have 3-5+ yrs experience with Public-Private Partnership (PPP) transaction experience
to support upcoming project works.
The role involves possibly light management responsibilities and definitely requires liaison with internal and external stakeholders..
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents and commercial contracts, providing feedback on legal terms and conditions, managing and keeping track of litigation and other administrative procedures, advising the line organisation on and securing overall compliance with local laws and regulations and mitigating potential risks, providing effective legal advice and support across the business, etc.
- Provide legal advice to the Management / Different Business Units on Commercial Business Laws, Labour Laws etc and provide legal guidance / solutions on Company’s day to day legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Prepares, reviews, amends, as appropriate, policies, procedures and controls on the Company’s Legal Affairs and engage government, civil society and other stakeholders to secure stable and predictable operating environment (regulatory and fiscal).
- Review financial and commercial documents to ensure that Company’s interest is protected at all times.
- Review and provide direction on the structuring of the new business transactions & related documentation.
- Interact with internal and external lawyers and consultants on legal and commercial matters.
- Undertake regular follow up / action with the Court / Government Regulation Authorities / Banks and others on various legal issues such as acquisition of permits and licences in connection with business operations.
- Continuously develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes, the priorities and agenda of key policy-makers;
- Proactively identify, action and mitigate any legal risks for the business;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by senior management.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- LLB is a must – subsequent professional qualification to practice law is a ‘nice to have’
- Minimum 3-5+ years legal experience with a reputed international company or the legal department of an African mining or energy company;
- Knowledge and experience with Company Law (OHADA) / Nigerien Laws, Judgments (Courts) and Doctrines will be an advantage;
- Track record of developing and managing variety of contracts and agreements;
- Public-Private Partnership (PPP) transactions experience a distinct advantage;
- High proficiency verbal and written communication skills in French and English will be an advantage;
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of dealings with court matters;
- Strong planning and organizing skills as well as analysis and documentation skills;
- Strong managerial and leadership skills; Interpersonal / communication skills;
- Ability to travel;
.Target Salary is 3-5000 GHS net but, for extremely unusual candidates it can be negotiated to a higher amount.
(only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- We need to have an indication of your current base salary and benefits package please
- kindly clarify whether the above amounts are gross or net
- Strongly suggest that your CV lists accomplishments and not just a list of duties
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Jnr Legal Officer – Accra’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4+ pages long – no CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 4 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.