A manufacturing facility a bit of Takoradi (Aboadze / Smama City) is looking for a :
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER m/f
- First degree plus professional certificate in safety( eg: First Aid, CPR, OSHA, NEBOSH,30-hour Construction Safety)
- Between the age of 35-45
- Strong personality with good exposure
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of project controls
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in the field of health and safety
- Responsible for the general health and safety issues of the company
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance
- Evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on-premises or at project site locations
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirms project site fulfills industry, local, and state guidelines and regulations
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation and case management
- Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Attend factory meetings and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Manage the safety team in relation to job arrangements
- Perform other duties as assigned by superior
- The target Salary is 5.000-10.000 gross but for unusual unusual high caliber candidates can go a tiny bit higher.
- Please note that if and when needed to work on Saturdays, you will be paid overtime
- Food is provided
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have minimum 8 yrs hands-on experience in and all reevant certifications in Health & Safety Management
- your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role
- Send us your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Health & Safety Manager – Tadi’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. If you don’t specify/use the correct heading, your application will go to the generic ‘basket’ (We currently have 5 similar vacancies)
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 +pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 4 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
- A FAIR WARNING/ FRIENDLY WORD OF ADVICE: if you don’t customize your CV don’t expect that it will go through with flying colors and the client will invite you for an interview, ASSUME THAT YOU WILL NEED TO SPEND 3-6 hrs for that.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.