International Construction Firm based-in Accra is looking to hire immediately an EARTHWORKS SUPERVISOR
Management and control 2-3 teams of earthmoving equipment with up to eight machines in total.
- Supervise, control, and testing the following listed works:
- Excavation including dewatering and safe sloping the ground.
- Filling and compaction including testing procedures.
- Installation of precast elements (pipes, curbs, pavement).
- Installation of water and drainage pipes (HDPE, PE, STEEL).
- Leveling and preparation for surface including cooperation with the surveyor.
- Loading and offloading quarry materials.
- Follow construction drawings during the work and coordination with other utilities.
- Develop BOM for a project according to design drawings and specifications.
- Collaboration and work closely with site surveyors.
- Collaboration and coordination with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Create and Keep a safe environment during the work.
- Familiar with basic mechanic problems in earthmoving equipment.
- Knowledge of soil testing procedures and required results.
- Knowledge of different types of quarry material (Characteristics, uses, tests).
- Familiar with different types of natural ground in ghana.
- Familiarity with water supply, drainage, and sewage works.
- Familiar with survey works (doesn’t need to be a survey).
- Own, Promote and Live safety culture
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 5 years of proven working experience in construction sites in the same position.
- Leadership and human management skills
- Proficient in English
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Site-based position.
- Immediate availability.
5.000 gross – negotiable depending on your skills, experience, and value
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify
- Tell us explicitly -maybe in a separate sheet, what your relevant experience has been
- Also per job-entry in your CV, indicate how many people /teams have you managed if applicable
- Make sure that you reread this Job Description and your CV is highly ‘customized‘. Statistically, nobody gets 5000+ GHS a month with a generic CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Earthworks Supervisor’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long. Do NOT send a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.