A construction firm with projects in various areas of Ghana is looking for a
Construction Manager m/f
Experience: 10-12 Years of Experience in the Construction Industry.
Education Requirements and Skills:
Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Oversees construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
Creates and reviews Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders.
Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
Provides technical support to Project Managers.
Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations.
Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules.
Reviews weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes.
Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
Attend client program meetings as needed.
7000-7500 GHS net depending on skillset and experience
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have ideally a University Degree as mentioned above and 10-12+ yrs experience as Document Controller.
- Make sure that above is reflected throughout your CV: your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role – convince us that you are a really hands-on person
- DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE/ COMMENT ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF AutoCAD , MS Projects, etc IN YOUR CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Construction Manager in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.