Our client – a well known international construction company, is looking for a Civil Engineer with both Road + Building construction experience
Reporting to: Project Manager
Job location: Accra, Ghana
Salary: GHS 3000 -GHS 3500 net + Annual Bonus of max 3500 GHS
Working Experience: 3 – 5years.
Qualification: BSc in Civil Engineering, ideally from KNUST.
Masters in Civil Engineering is most welcome
Plans, evaluates and implement all aspects of projects on sites to accelerate the objectives of the company and regulatory agency by performing personal duties diligently or undertaking duties from higher authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Civil Engineer
- Prepare and implement project plans
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production process and regulatory policy/ compliance
- Supervise construction and maintenance activities at the project site.
- Participate in surveying and analyse survey reports to establish reference points or grades to guide construction
- Making recommendations and presenting alternative solutions to problems arising at the sites.
- Inspect projects at various sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specification and safety standards.
- Provides estimates to determine the cost of projects by calculating the cost of labour, materials and other related costs.
- Undertaking feasible assessment of workers and equipment on site.
- Completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents and confirming specifications.
Company expenditure relating to Civil engineering
- BSc/MSc in Civil Engineering or other related fields. Knowledge in project management is a plus.
- Ability to explain and interpret design ideas and plans clearly.
- Confident decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to work within budgets and to meet deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Excellent team worker with good interpersonal skills.
- Technical + hands on knowledge of both road and building construction
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point presentation).
Salary is max 3000-3500 GHS net + possible performance bonus of max 3500 net
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have both road and building construction experience
- Send us your highly customized 2 page CV(longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word(so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Civil Engineer Roads & Buildings – Accra’ in your email’s subject/ Title line
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 2+ pages long or a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.