We are looking for a CEO for our Client, an Insurance Company in Accra.
We welcome applicants from any part of Africa, please
Job Location: Head Office, Accra
Gender: Preferably male
Professional Qual: Chartered Insurance CII qualifications or Chartered Actuary or similar
Attractive package: e.g. Car with driver, Health Insurance for wife and kids, etc…
If you are in and from other parts of Africa, you are welcome to apply
- ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Directly Reports to : BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE COMPANY
Directly Supervises : THE INSURANCE COMPANY’s MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Establish strong and appropriate relationships with Board, Board Committees and all employees.
- Develop smooth and constructive relationships with executive colleagues, external agencies and regulatory bodies, organizations and individuals.
- This is a high-stress position based on full responsibility for our operations.
- Working in partnership with the Board, the jobholder is responsible for the success of the Company.
- Work together with the Board to accomplish the Company’s Mission, Strategic Business Plan as well as the overall management of the Company.
- The Board delegates responsibility for the management of the day-to-day operations to the Chief Executive Officer who has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the Company’s Policies and the direction established by the Board.
- Provides direction and enabling to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
- Designs and develops Policies and Strategies that cover the operational, financial performance, and growth of the Company.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Legal Compliance:
- Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
2. Mission, Policy & Planning:
- Assists the Board determine the company’s Values, Mission, Vision and short- and long-term Objectives.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the Company’s performance and on all the important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its Committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board and its Committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in the industry in order to facilitate decision making. Recommends policy positions when necessary.
- Keeps informed of developments in the Economy; design and develop strategic business plans reflective of the competitive environment, aggressively monitor marketing and technical results; adjust strategies when necessary to maximize the Company’s revenue.
3. Management and Administration
- Provides general oversight of all company activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient business.
- Designs and develops people strategies aimed at ensuring the delivery of shareholder value.
- Accountable for the overall marketing and operational delivery of the Company’s products, ensuring that standards and controls are adhered to.
- Assures a conducive work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality talent with the appropriate skillset to deliver business objectives.
- Recruits employees, negotiates employment offers, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained in accordance with the Board’s directive.
- Assures the design and development of a robust performance management system aligned to rewards with the aim of building a highly engaged workforce.
- Specifies accountabilities for the Management Team and evaluates performance regularly
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its Committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board Chairman to enable the Board fulfil its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its Committees and individual Board members.
- Work with the Board Chairman to focus the Board’s attention on long-range strategic issues.
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely response to key issues.
- Works with the Board and Committee Chairpersons to get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to motivate each Board member to give of their best.
- Responsible for all Financial Management including Capital Management, Expense Management, Financial Planning and Projections, Financial Reporting Regulatory Relationships, Risk Management and Tax Planning.
- Assures the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risks, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results and ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards.
- Promotes programs and initiatives that are delivered in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Required Competencies – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have solid knowledge of insurance operations; finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; reinsurance; management accounts, underwriting and product development.
- Must be able to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
- Must have demonstrable leadership and multitasking skills, engaging and motivating people and guiding team to work with others to accomplish goals.
- Excellent planning and execution skills – plans and meets deadlines; maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the Company’s demands. Must be ready to work long and irregular hours.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude regarding our company and other companies in the industry. Must demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and apply information from a variety of sources such as manuals, professional publications, and government regulations; including the ability to seek out such information and to be a leader in disseminating information.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Education and Experience:
- A degree in a relevant field and/or an MBA in Accounting, Actuarial Sciences, Finance or Project Management.
- Master’s in Business Management or related field; Actuarial Science or Insurance is also welcome.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in the Insurance industry and eight (8) years in similar role.
- Professional qualification in the CII (UK) or similar Actuarial Science qualifications from a Chartered Professional Body
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Commitment to results:
- A systems thinker who is customer focused and goal driven.
- Identifies relevant information and translate them into individual and organizational knowledge and learning.
- Action oriented and innovative.
- Translates broad goals into achievable steps.
- Anticipates and solves problems and takes advantage of opportunities.
- A self-starter and team player.
- Business savvy:
- Must have demonstrated experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management – finance and human resource management; oral and written communications; planning and evaluation and governance.
- Requires a high level of personal skills to deal effectively with people from all segments of life and make formal and persuasive presentations to different target groups.
- Must be comfortable with diversity and respectful of different cultures.
- Leading change:
- Must consistently display integrity, live our company’s Values, develop people and build teams.
- Must manage continuity, change and transition.
- Must deal effectively with demanding situations and develop and implement the necessary interventions.
- Demonstrate excellent ability to influence and enable others.
- Promptly resolve the impact of negative attitude and action on the business.
|Exhibits exemplary personal conduct and oversight in all our company’s activities by showing integrity and respect to all.|
|Encourages and motivates all employees to adopt our company’s Values of: Professionalism, Excellence, Leadership, and Teamwork.|
|Consistently articulate the Vision, Mission and Strategy of our company’s as endorsed by the Board of Directors.|
|Financial Performance (30%)|
|Directs team to achieve optimum Treasury and Investment Management.|
|Directs team to ensure efficient Liquidity Management to achieve consistent positive cash flow.|
|Directs team to ensure efficient Cost and Expense Management.|
|Implement periodic budgets, Strategy and tactics and achieve ROCE and other Financial targets.|
|People Management (20%)|
|Ensure a robust performance management system across our company’s based on target and rewards to achieve a highly engaged workforce.|
|Ensure specific and measurable accountabilities and targets for the Management team are set and evaluated regularly to determine each Managers performance.|
|Create a conducive work environment and culture that attracts and recruits quality talent and supports the workforce with appropriate training to deliver business objectives.|
|Business Development & Operations (30%)|
|Accountable for overall marketing and frontline delivery of the Company’s products measured by new Business and Sales targets.|
|Directs Backoffice operations to achieve operational efficiency measured by specific Underwriting, Premium Collection and Client relations KPIs.|
|Legal and External Relations (10%)|
|Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and liaises with National Insurance Commission on all matters.|
|Seek for partnerships and engagements which will promote the our company’s brand to the public as a responsible corporate citizen.|
Salary + Compensation Package
Base salary is an average of 20.000 Ghanaian cedis and on top of that there is a generous bonus (these are negotiable for special candidates)
You also get ‘the standard’ benefits like company car with driver, health insurance for self and family, etc.
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word(so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Insurance CEO’ in your email’s subject/ Title line
- Provide indication of your personal annual revenue achievements over the last 5 years (do not apply without that)
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 23+ pages long or a CV in PDF format nor a GoogleDoc
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this and the coming week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.