Norsar.Farm, a Poultry farm that is based both in KNUST and in Ejisu, is looking for a Junior Agricultural Poultry Inspector to cover the Kumasi area. We are also about to open a new farm in Tema in the very near future, so you should be open to occasional travel.
Female Inspectors are preferred but not a must.
This job can be had either on a full time or part-time basis and actually, we are open to employing a student.
The company is a relatively new one and just got a huge grant – so the growth opportunity is plenty.
Norsar.Farm, is possibly the only Poultry Farm in Ghana growing antibiotic-free organic free-range chickens and other edible birds.
Job Responsibilities of the Agricultural Inspector:
Our Agricultural Inspectors examine all equipment and facilities involved in the agricultural poultry production process, as well as the agricultural poultry products that are waiting to be sold to the public. They ensure that everything about this process is up-to-code and safe for human consumption.
- This is mostly a hands-on Field Role, so don’t expect to hide behind a desk
- As assigned, performs inspections and grading of products
- Makes determinations on inspection issues that are pending or conditional as determined by tier-one employees
- Oversee the preservation of site integrity
- Engage in evaluation
- Engage in technical report preparation and submittal
- Foster a positive and safe work environment
- Oversee testing and calibrating of designs, equipment and instruments
- Oversee measurement taking and data recording/ collect and analyse data
- check record-keeping on farms
- Liaise with farm and agricultural stakeholders
- investigate accidents and complaints
- write reports and make recommendations
- investigate health and poultry animal welfare concerns
- plan the control and prevention of animal disease
- check food crop production methods and quality
- ensure all records and documents are kept up to date
- Coordinates the efficient delivery of broiler chickens from farms to our various locations or B2B customers.
- Identify needs and build relationships with other poultry farmers and identify business opportunities.
- Resolves all poultry production complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Ability to provide, explain, and lead poultry farmers and prospects to an understanding of our poultry products and processes and how-to comply.
- Superb Hygiene, manners, and appearance (the way you handle yourself)
- HND or BSc in any Agricultural subject or Food and Health Sciences is extremely welcome
- Familiarity with the poultry industry would be an asset
- Preferably 3+ years experience in a similar or related role, but not a must
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) to all levels and functions of employees and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- High level of motivation, self-confidence, and organizational skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Food Safety is a plus.
- You are flexible and extremely customer friendly
Salary + Commission
- This is a 6-day a week job
- The base starting salary is between 800-2000 GHS gross, depending on your experience; if hired part-time, this amount will be pro-rated.
- There might be a KPI-based bonus after the probation time
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify
- Clarify whether you are interested in a full-time or part-time schedule
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Poultry Inspector Kumasi’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Do not give us a list of duties but a list of achievements/ accomplishments in every job that you had
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long – no CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.