“Who” is the Client
Our Client is embarking on an impactful artificial intelligence journey where it will lead a multi-sector initiative that builds and markets cutting edge models, augments and disrupts industries, and creates an ecosystem where the best models can live and leading data scientists can thrive.
It is an international, boutique consulting firm dedicated to making business better; more performant, more ethical. Through their complimentary services, they support their clients from strategy to delivery. They believe that an organization is only as successful as the people within it. That’s why they aim to pioneer when it comes to giving our employees every chance to develop their careers and grow as part of the team. As a sustainable employer they offer you an attractive working environment with competitive compensation & benefits. Further education and extra training & development are part of the company philosophy.
Their Foundation is an innovative nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and expanding sustainable economic opportunities in developing and emerging economies by supporting high potential women-led businesses. It is our commitment to bridging the economic divide between developed and developing countries. Developed by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs.
They expect you to:
- Be responsible for key aspects along the data modelling cycle from definition of business questions and hypotheses to data sourcing
- Design and implement sustainable analytical models while activating a brand plan and measurable insights
- Demonstrate thought leadership and content expertise in customer analytics, data science and implementation of solutions to business
- Collaborate with data quality teams to define training sets and metrics
- Verify that your outcomes meet acceptance criteria
- Assume a mentoring/teaching role in complex data science projects that have a significant impact, prepare and give advanced tutorials on statistics and machine learning
- Design and maintain learning content in cloud development notebooks and stay on top of latest research and developments
- University degree (Master preferred) in quantitative field (e.g. statistics, management science, operations Research, engineering, finance, applied mathematics, mathematics, business administration)
- Experience in machine learning (5+ years), AI model development and production roll-out as well as experience in R, Python and visualization tools like Tableau
- Python experience is a must
- Heavy experience with AWS and Azura
- Long-term of progressive advanced analytics and AI modeling work experience with recent experience in image detection, preferably in medical imaging
- Able to hold teams to deadlines, coordinate launch dates, and facilitate communications among executives, designers and developers.
- Experienced working with engineering teams to strategize and execute development and deployment of commercial data products.
- Deep expertise (=min 5+ years hands-on) in a relevant scripting language (e.g., Python, R, Julia, etc.)
- Able to identify and evaluate emerging/cutting edge, open source, data science/machine learning libraries/big data platforms (e.g. XGBoost, Hugging Face, H2Oai, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Adheres to stringent quality assurance and documentation standards using version control and code repositories (e.g., Git, Gitlab, DVC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills in English
Salary + Benefits
- max US $2000 gross
- min 20% bonus
- revenue share in codeveloped products
- can work from home or from our Accra office
- possibility of housing in their facilities
- more benefits to be defined….
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect from you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have 4 years hands-on Machine learning and Python experience etc after your graduation (school projects do NOT count)
- Tell us explicitly -maybe in a separate sheet, what your relevant experience has been
- Make sure that you reread this Job Description and your CV is highly ‘customized’. Statistically, nobody gets a 2000 dollars job in Ghana with a generic CV
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com(remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Machine Learning/ Python Team Lead’ in your email’s subject/ Title line. Ideally use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long or a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
|Test(s) will make part of this process
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.