Constantly growing International Construction firm is looking for a
for its Accra Head Office
must be ACCA or ICAG II – II / CA will be preferred
Ideally (but not a must) s/he has experience with construction or mining or oil&gas industries
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 3+ years experience in a similar role(Construction, Oil and Gas industry, or related field) is a must
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, ACCA/CA II & III.
- Familiarity with accounting software/programs.
- Experience in working in the construction industry is a plus
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Office & especially Excel – ideally you can work with Macros.
- Familiarity with ERP software.
- Analytical and Detail-oriented.
- Strong work ethic, team player, time management skills, and Organizational skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Partial List)
- Maintain the organization’s books of account
- Prepare and maintain bank reconciliation statements.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate tax regulations including WHT, PAYE, etc.
- filling of returns including annual financial statements, tax returns, SSF, etc.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Financial Statements
- Prepare Budgets and perform budgets to actual comparisons and investigate variances.
- Assist with Annual Audit and ensure timely audit completion.
- Supervising all accounting activities (accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset activities, etc.)
- Coordinate with Human Resources in the management of Payroll.
- Manage all company bank accounts.
- Train and oversee temporary and/or part-time Account Assistants.
- Oversee all activities in the accounting/finance department.
- Accurate processing and control of financial data and records.
- Timely Distribution of Financial reports to Department manager/Head of Finance/Managing Director.
- Timely filing and payments of all statutory returns and taxes to avoid payment of penalties and interest.
- Profitability of the company by implementing cost-cutting measures
- Monitor expenses to prevent budget overruns.
Target Salary is maximum 4000 net GHS – but for unusual unusual high calibre candidates can go a bit higher.
Let me rephrase it: Don’t worry about salary but about your value to the business
Please note that constructions companies work also on Saturday half-day
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have 3+ yrs hands-on experience in Accounting – ideally the Oil&Gas or construction or mining industry
- If applicable, give us a brief indication of the projects and budgets that you have been involved with – your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to: CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Construction Accountant’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
- A FAIR WARNING: if you don’t customize your CV don’t expect that it will go through with flying colors and the client will invite you for an interview
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.