Our Client, a European software services company serving clients around the globe, is looking for a strong and motivated
HEAD OF APPLICATION / SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
to help build new and innovative products in a wide range of industries.
The location is Takoradi, hut you will need to manage the Accra team as well…
You will be part of a dynamic, services-first team in a customer-obsessed org that is passionate about the customer experience.
You report to the Director of Operations
The Client is a social business empowering the next generation of technology leaders in sub-Saharan Africa that reinvests its surplus in further training, network growth and local community support on the ground.
As a global talent accelerator, they provide free IT training courses to skilled youth in regions of great need. We offer employment pathways into the digital sector, accompanying young tech talents from recruitment to employment.
Our training academies give local youth the necessary digital skills for employment. Subsequently, successful Graduate Trainees are empowered to apply their acquired skills in the local and international job market. Our Training Academy has been in full operations since May 2019.
Job Location: Takoradi, Ghana
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
The Application Development Manager will mainly be in charge of managing our Application Development centre located in Takoradi, as well as leading teams in all other Application Development centres that would be established across Ghana in the near future.
- Ensure the eventual and successful execution of contracts received from our clients.
- Develop strategic plans for the successful management of the service centre.
- Ensure the Application Development centre is fixed and updated with the needed IT infrastructure for efficient and effective service production.
- Manage Application Development centre team leaders by coaching, communicating job expectations and appraising performance.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Track and maintain service centre hardware and software inventory.
- Continuously research, analyse and evaluate current processes and emerging technologies, hardware and software and advise management accordingly to identify areas of improvement in the Application Development centre.
This position requires a minimum of:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years of post-qualification full time experience; or
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with an MBA and 5 years of post-qualification full time experience; or
- A master’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of post-qualification full time experience.
- Experience of working with all stages of SDLC is advantageous
- Familiarity with AGILE, SCRUM and WATERFALL, etc.
- Excellent team management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage personnel
- Experience of working in a similar capacity within a multinational organisation
- Shares in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
Nice to have
- Deep understanding of software architecture in either JAVA or C/C++
- Experience with Product Management is a definite plus
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
max 10.000-15.000 gross base salary + 20% KPI bonus + another 20% Company Performance Bonus
Relocation aid might be possible
How-to Apply (only if you qualify please)
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please – otherwise the client will not consider your CV:
- Apply only if you really qualify – must have 5+ hands-on experience with the programming environments mentioned above- otherwise, how can you communicate with our fullstack developers???
- Also per job-entry in your CV, indicate how many people you managed if applicable
- Make sure that you reread this Job Description and your CV is highly ‘customized‘. Statistically, nobody gets 5000+ GHS a month with a generic CV
- Send us your highly customized2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect the ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences) CV in Word (so NO PDF files please) to CV @ HIREgh . com (remove empty spaces) with the appropriate heading: ‘Head of Application Development – Takoradi’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally,use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial No 12 + capitals for your headings
- Also, please indicate when is the earlier that you can start
- Please give us your realistic salary expectations and an indication of your current salary package
- Once again:DO NOT SEND a CV that is 3+ pages long. Do NOT send a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc –our ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex
|Test(s) might make part of this process
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you this week.
PS: Please by simply sharing or liking this, you might help a family member/ friend/ colleague/ Church member, to a new job with dignity. We care about that.
PS3: check out our other software engineering roles at https://hireseminars.com/3roles